Random 'net finds OR Things I've been too lazy to write about

Those who run in the same shady circles as I do have probably already seen what I've got here. But I've been a bit preoccupied with a new job and the fragile friendship of Tamra and Vicky.

But I have some sweet things to share. Gather 'round, fellow rockers:

Crobot. Listen to them NOW so you can say you liked them before they took over the world:
Mike and I first heard of Crobot when they followed his band's twitter page earlier this summer. The Pennsylvania group has that same throwback rock vibe Scorpion Child is bringing. However, I think Crobot's music is a bit more accessible.

Check out the completely killer Nowhere to Hide. And then try to stop listening to it:




I'll have to plan my costume early, because three days before Halloween, Crobot will release their first full-length album, Something SupernaturalLoudwire gives us a really cool peek at the cover art.

You can stream Crobot's EP on the band's site.

Alter Bridge's mega-badass Mark Tremonti is working on a new album:
My affection for Myles Kennedy is not exactly a secret, but I am also a huge fan of Alter Bridge lead guitar player Mark Tremonti. His first "solo" album, All I Wasrocks the Winchel house on a regular basis. It's much more metal than Alter Bridge. Mark's brutal guitar work is, of course, the centerpiece. Tremonti is a good lyricist and singer as well. The songs are heavy as hell with surprisingly catchy vocals.

Mark and his band are currently working on What we're calling Tremonti II, for now. It's being produced by the man behind AB's Fortress, Michael "Elvis" Baskette. I'm sure my fan-girl love for that dude will go through the roof after September, because he also steered Slash's upcoming World on Fire.

I'm guessing Tremonti II will include the B-side Gone. Mark mentioned releasing the fan-favorite song earlier this summer. I wasn't aware of this tune until everyone started freaking out about that announcement:



Love it! Catching a Tremonti show is high on my priority list for 2015.

More turmoil for music fans who are torn between quality and convenience:
Metal Injection posted a mini documentary about sound compression not long ago. Parts of those big, epic songs we love have to be sacrificed in order to turn the tracks into tiny, cute MP3s. I consider myself a pretty savvy music fan, but I had never thought about any of this:



This eye-opening little film didn't make the waves I thought it would. (Conspiracy theories--aaand GO!)

I'm not about to try to run with a Discman.

I definitely jammed to The Spice Girls on one of these babies.
while reading 17 Magazine. I'm old.

However, The Distortion of Sound did make me think about what form I choose when I'm intending to really experience music. It sheds light how the way we listen can bring us closer to the artist--hearing them the way they intend to be heard. Find more info about this issue here.

Stay tuned! I'm totally rocking a great album I plan to review soon. You'll (hopefully) LOVE it.

Until next time,

--Mrs W

Comments