Things I'm loving right now

A collection of things I'm loving or looking forward to as we approach the holidays. Don't say I've never given you anything:

* Scorpion Child have released several new songs. This is "She Sings, I Kill:"



I definitely dig this, especially the main riff. It seems Scorpion Child is headed in a heavier direction, while still keeping the throwback psych-rock sound. I'm assuming this song will be on the band's upcoming second album.

* Plenty of musicians are paying tribute to the late Scott Weiland. My favorite is this video of Slipknot and Stone Sour front man Corey Taylor rocking "Sex Type Thing:"



No, it's not the same...but Corey could sing the alphabet and I would enjoy it. Maybe a little too much.


* For a music geek like me, this article on how the metal nominees for the Grammys were selected is super interesting. If you read to the end, you'll see speculation on the outside chance Slipknot could perform on the main show. How great would that be?! Aside from the thrill of seeing Slipknot featured on such a huge TV broadcast...I'd love to see the audience reaction shots of artists from other genres.

* Apparently we can expect a new Alter Bridge album by summer?! And Mark Tremonti's follow up to Cauterize, Dust will be released in April. But really--all I want for Christmas, or my March birthday, is a freaking Myles Kennedy solo album. Especially if it's going to sound like Mayfield Four.

* Finally, everyone on the internet is talking about Chris Stapleton, so I don't really need to add my comments on the pile...but dammit, I can't stop listening to Traveller. I don't think I've ever had as much fun singing in the car as I have belting out "Nobody to Blame" and "Might as Well Get Stoned."

A photo posted by Carrie Winchel (@mrswrocks) on

Concert review of The Sword's show at The Ready Room in St. Louis coming soon!

--Mrs W.

Comments