Random 'net finds OR How I spent my long weekend

Because you asked.

I spent my four-day weekend catching up on new and old favorite blogs, watching movies, and hanging around YouTube. There was beer. And wine. The Oak Leaf brand that Walmart sells for $2.87 a bottle.

Some fun things I came across:

**One of my favorite blog communities, Offbeat Home, shared a guest post, Staying Spooky in the Corporate World, offering ways to incorporate goth style into your professional wardrobe. While I don't identify as goth, I DO like to play around with my style, which I'd describe as "rocker" meets "girl who likes leggings, tank tops, and cardigans." This post has some good things to remember about dressing for work while being creative with your clothing.

**Speaking of my style inspiration...A day in the life of Halestorm:


It's exactly what the title suggests, sooo...I'll just say I really want Lzzy Hale to be my best friend. And I mean that in a non-Single White Female kind of way.

Awkward transition from rock to country.

**Saving Country Music, has plenty of goodies to get any music industry nerd's gears grinding:
Kentucky radio station is now GARTH-FM. All Garth, all the time.

Even more awkward transition back to rock talk.

**I have a new(ish) music obsession. I decided to take some time and really listen to The Mayfield Four, Myles Kennedy's band before he was in Alter Bridge

Mind blown. Full-on fangirling post to come. 

In my search for info about a younger, not-afraid-to-screw-up-his-voice Kennedy and this band, I came across the "official" music video for "Sick & Wrong." It is hilariously low-budget 2001. But the Myles-wearing-a-shirt to Myles-not-wearing-a-shirt ratio is pretty good. 


Not safe for work/kids. I think the "F" word is in this one song more times than it is in Alter Bridge's whole catalog.

**In anticipation of Slash's upcoming album featuring Myles and the Conspirators this fall, I checked out the video for "You're a Lie," the first single from Apocalyptic Love. Which, I had, surprisingly, never seen:


I liked this song even more after I had a light bulb moment that the lyrics aren't directed at a person. This song is about the negative, self destructive-things you tell yourself. The video definitely drives that home.

**Finally, Mike and I watched Hysteria: The Def Leppard Story, which I recommend if you like awesome rock 'n roll stories, bad hair, and one-armed drummers.

Don't ask me how a work meeting went down that road, but I think I earned some points with my boss by mentioning I watched this one. Enjoy the clip. Ignore the weird subtitles.


Thanks for hanging out with me for awhile!

Rock on,
Carrie

Comments